Crowdfunding: we give strength to the common goods . This is the theme of the 2017 tender for crowdfunding projects launched by the Banca Etica Group.
With the announcement we intend to support initiatives of the Third Sector, of female entrepreneurship 1 or of youth entrepreneurship 2 times for the valorization of assets (buildings, premises, land and infrastructures, public or private for public purposes) for the start or enlargement or the management of reuse, reconversion or redevelopment projects for social, cultural and environmental protection purposes .
What guarantees the selection of the Crowdfunding call
- Access and exclusive presence on the Rete Etica Network in Produzioni dal Basso for the duration of the collection scheduled from 6 November to 22 December 2017 .
- Visibility and promotion on the Bank’s website and through newsletters and other communications for the entire duration of the call (at most 90 days except for extensions decided by the Organizers).
- A training meeting dedicated to designers in videoconference mode, to accompany publication and maintenance activities in the project platform.
- A contribution from the Fund for Crowdfunding by Etica Sgr to all the projects that will reach at least 75% of the budget, integrating the total amount of the collection up to 100%. The contribution in absolute value can not in any case exceed 7,500 euros , remaining subordinate to the overall capacity of the Fund defined for the specific call and will be paid to those entitled, only at the total deadline of the call as scheduled. The projects, which will autonomously reach full collection with the public, will benefit from favorable conditions on the products and services of the bank .
- A further period of stay in the Network Banca Etica , after the announcement and for another month , if the budget is not reached, but the project proves to have collected at least 50% of the budget collection : this opportunity will not give the right to the next contribution part of the Fund up to 25% of the remaining budget.
Phases and timing of the Crowdfunding announcement
- From September 25th to October 22nd 2017 on the page www.bancaetica.it/crowdfunding, applications for crowdfunding projects consistent with the requirements and with the subject matter of the call can be sent .
- Within the month of October the internal commission will select up to a maximum of 15 projects . Following this, Banca Etica will communicate by e-mail the result of the evaluation to all the participants and the operational indications for the final phase.
- The finalist projects will be able to raise funds in the Banca Etica network on the Produzioni dal Basso (PdB) platform from 6 November to 22 December 2017 .
PARTICIPATE IN THE NOTICE
The theme of the announcement
Planning will be taken into consideration for the development of activities or services for the benefit of the community within spaces managed directly by the proposing subject. The real estate must be fully available to the proponent The interventions for the enhancement of the assets will be in a preferential, but not exclusive, real estate in which there is already a redevelopment project for social purposes through public evidence (eg assets confiscated from the Mafia and specifically assigned or other public tenders, eg the management of Anas canton houses) or local and private calls (such as, for example, redevelopment projects of the Railways, assignment initiatives by ecclesiastical bodies or local institutions and administrations) . Assignments (on free loan, from free multi-year concessions or enhancement, other methods of assignment to term) must already be effective at the time of application, as documented by the property or self-certification by the proposer.
Those already involved in the project presented will be privileged , the initiatives that involve assets already available to the public or that integrate services already in operation.
Interventions for the acquisition of assets and resources as well as investments for restructuring, re-use or redevelopment will also be allowed.
Therefore , investments, either tangible or intangible, that do not have a direct relation or purpose instrumental to the realization of the intervention will be excluded .
For all applications it is required that the estimated budget (total cost of the campaign and all related charges) ensures full expected operation and its sustainability over time.
To whom it is addressed
Third sector organizations, cooperatives and companies with female and youth entrepreneurial requirements are invited to participate. The winning organizations are already established at the time of the call for tenders (also in start-ups or in the spin-off phase of established organizations) and are members of the bank or otherwise commit themselves to becoming one; from the operational point of view, the opening of the current collection account at the Bank will be a binding technical condition.
Project selection criteria
Third sector organizations, cooperatives and companies with female and youth entrepreneurial requirements are invited to participate. The winning organizations are already established at the time of the call for tenders (also in start-ups or in the spin-off phase of established organizations) and are members of the bank or otherwise commit themselves to becoming one; from the operational point of view it will be in fact a binding technical condition to open the current collection account at the BancaI projects will be selected by an internal commission to Banca Etica, which will carry out its assessment by comparing the different applications according to the following criteria:
- relevance to the announcement;
- overall quality and originality of the project;
- quality of the communication plan and ability to activate promotion networks and a community of interest to the specific project;
- the economic sustainability of the project as represented in the budget also with respect to the objectives of the collection and the development prospects starting from the project idea;
- the overall expected social and environmental impact, expressed through quantitative and / or qualitative indicators, with respect to the objectives envisaged by the project;
- previous crowdfunding experiences in partnership or for other projects;
- overall consistency with the values and objectives of Banca Etica, as summarized in Article 5 of the Bylaws (cr. Banca Etica: who we are ).
They are foreseen as mandatory attachments , in the Format of the application which must be complete and correct in its main information:
- the Project in synthetic form but complete (up to 2 standard folders) with description of the proponent that highlights their experiences with respect to the activity in question (eg references and network of partnerships activated, previous crowdfunding experiences, skills or competences in the construction of network or management of online communities and activities in social media, etc.);
- the Budget or economic-financial plan for forecasting and managing project expenses (including campaign costs or activities related to crowdfunding, any rewards, service costs, etc.);
- the Communication Plan or explanatory document on the support action for the planned fundraising, creation and management of the support community, reward-reward system studied in this regard and every element that helps in the promotion of the initiative;
- the Document or self-certification attesting the availability of the asset by the proposing subject.