Social Agriculture, Crowdfunding announcement IMPACT +
Social farming, Crowdfunding announcement IMPACT +
Social agriculture for the development of interventions and social, socio-health, educational and social-work integration services. This is the theme of the second crowdfunding announcement for 2018 launched by the Banca Etica Group.
Who can participate in the announcement
All farms , cooperatives , social enterprises and organizations operating in the field of social agriculture ( Framework Law 141/205 – Provisions on social farming) can participate in the tender.
Hence all the realities that promote social agriculture as an aspect of the multi-functionality of agricultural enterprises aimed at the development of social and social-health interventions and services, as well as social and labor insertion. the aim must be to facilitate the appropriate and uniform access to essential services to be guaranteed to people, families and local communities throughout the national territory and in particular in rural or less-favored areas.
What is crowdfunding and how it works
Crowdfunding (from the English crowd , crowd and funding , funding), or collective funding in Italian, is a fundraiser that is carried out by a group of people who want to support an innovative idea or an initiative.
Thanks to the quota dedicated to crowdfunding, Etica Sgr can contribute to the financing of initiatives with a high social and environmental impact promoted by the Banca Etica network. The contribution is provided by Etica Sgr in favor of those projects that reach 75% of their funding target, until the amount allocated each year for crowdfunding is exhausted.
This contribution is made possible thanks to the customers of Etica Sgr who have chosen to donate 0.1% of the invested capital (1 euro every thousand) to a fund that guarantees microfinance projects in Italy and which supports crowdfunding with high social and environmental impact, always in Italy.
Stages and timing of the crowdfunding call for social farming
- Applications: from 10 September to 14 October 2018 (before 24.00) on the page www.bancaetica.it/crowdfunding , through appropriate format will be collected the applications of the projects with the required documentation, consistent with the requirements and with the focus of the call . To all applications correctly uploaded in the terms and times provided by this Regulation, the system returns a confirmation message. No other interlocution will follow, up to the outcome communicated after evaluations and selection of the appropriate Commission (inform us of any anomalies in the collection system, with a specific communication in this regard).
- Selection: by the end of October 2018 the Commission will define the best projects for the proposal to the public. Following this, Banca Etica will communicate to all participants the outcome of the evaluation and the selected subjects the operational indications for the next phase (training activities and review campaigns before launch), as well as giving visibility through their own media channels and productions from below .
- Campaigns collection : the projects identified in this way will be able to raise funds on the Bank’s Network in PdB from 15 November 2018 to 15 January 2019 (before 24.00) . The results of all the initiatives (and the contributions foreseen through all the communication channels of the Banca Etica Group will then be disseminated).
PARTICIPATE IN THE NOTICE
What guarantees the selection for the social agriculture ban
Contribution from the Fund for Crowdfunding by Etica Sgr up to a maximum of 25% of the budget , linked to the actual collection from the public. The contribution is to supplement the total amount when at least 75% of the target budget has been reached at the end of the forecast period . The contribution will therefore cover only the part of the budget not covered by the public and in absolute terms it will not exceed the amount of 7,500 euros *, remaining subordinate to the overall capacity of the fund defined for the specific call. Projects that reach full public collection will not benefit from this contribution. Extraordinary prize of 1,000 euros, again from the Fund, for projects that will completely reach the budget with the public, without the need for a contribution. This award for the success of the collection will be allocated to further initiatives to promote the initiative to its community of reference, in agreement and collaboration with Banca Etica.
Training appointment with Produzioni dal Basso dedicated to designers in videoconference mode , to accompany the activities of possible revision and then launch into the platform together with the other projects. An initial moment of reflection will be provided starting from the experiences gathered and a reference for the subsequent revision accompaniment up to the launch of the collection.
Access and exclusive presence (with the exception of the projects already present) on the Rete Etica Network in Productions from the Low for the duration of the Social Agriculture call, scheduled from 15 November 2018 to 15 January 2019 to promote the best outcome with its public.
A further month of permanence in the Banca Etica Network , once the call for tenders has been concluded, for campaigns that – not reaching the budget at the end of the planned period – result in having collected at least 50% of the target budget. This opportunity available to the interested designers does not provide for the contribution of the Ethics Fund Sgr. However, the project will benefit from a further collection period to achieve its objectives.
Visibility and promotion of the initiative and its developments through newsletters, company sites, press releases and communications via social channels, for the entire duration of the call and for the activities developed in collaboration with the bank.
To whom it is addressed
The call is open to all the experiences that operate in the national context through the various forms of enterprise, also hybridized by the legislative innovation of the Third Sector and the Social Enterprise . For example:
- Conventional farms wishing to expand and innovate their projects with initiatives with added social value (social innovation);
- Social agricultural enterprises that want to develop a new project or a new investment to reinforce this characteristic activity;
- Social enterprises, cooperatives and non-cooperatives, who want to convert their projects to organic farming, etc. (innovation of agricultural type);
- Associations, Gal, Consortiums, Rehabilitation Centers, Communities and Religious Organizations (and also public bodies as already foreseen for Asl, Agrarian Technical Institutes or Penitentiaries) with projects already active in extension or ex-novo within the provisions of law.
Proposals will be considered more carefully:
- promote a return to agriculture and the conversion to organic ;
- strengthen the organization’s orientation towards “common-purpose purposes” , increasing value production in a “social” supply chain or with “rural welfare” output, integrating economic and commercial value production with activities with a social added value , working, therapeutic or educational.
This includes all the activities that differ in terms of social, leisure, teaching, environmental protection and landscape, management and control of water or energy, developed in an agricultural and rural context .
Multifunctionality will contribute to the ever new and greater needs of the community, adding to the production of food, fibers and materials, a wide range of services without implying the abandonment of “productive” agriculture: on the contrary, looking for an efficient compromise solution between strictly productive objectives and social and environmental goals.
Project selection criteria
The projects will be selected by an internal commission according to the following criteria:
- Originality and overall quality of the social farming project (eg, no previous campaigns, innovations compared to the context).
- Campaign communication plan (eg ability to activate promotion networks and a community of interest to the specific project).
- The economic viability of the project (eg of the necessary budget compared to the collection capacity, coverage of all the costs of the campaign, prospects for further development).
- Overall expected social and environmental impact , better if expressed through quantitative and / or qualitative indicators with respect to the objectives identified.
- Previous crowdfunding experiences in other projects or partnerships, as a greater guarantee of effectiveness with respect to the collection objectives.
- Overall compliance with the values and objectives of Banca Etica , as represented in Article 5 of the Articles of Association or in our Manifesto .
For the social agriculture ban are provided as mandatory attachments in the Application Form (which must be complete and correct in the main information required) are provided:
- Project in synthetic form but complete (up to 2 standard folders) with description of the proposer that highlights their experiences with respect to the activity in question (eg references and network of activated partnerships, previous crowdfunding experiences, skills or skills in network construction o on-line community management and activities on social media, etc.).
- Budget or economic-financial plan for forecasting and managing project expenses (including campaign costs or activities related to crowdfunding, possible rewards, service costs, etc.) and expected outcomes in terms of management of activities provided.
- Communication Plan or explanatory document on the actions to support the objective fundraising: the creation / management of the support community, the reward-reward system eventually paid to the donors, the activities planned on the social networks or in the reference area and any element that aids in the promotion of the initiative.
* At the unquestionable judgment of the Banca Etica Group, contributions higher than the maximum envisaged in this case may also be approved for initiatives deemed to be of particular interest and approved by the Commission.